Monday, March 23, 2009

My March Madness Penance

So I spent a good amount of time yesterday watching the NCAA Tournament. I found out that my bracket was 2nd place in my pool and that I had the possibility of winning some money, so I suddenly got really concerned with whether or not Mizzou could pull it out. So between being wrapped up in the March Madness and just flat out being a brat, I decided to skip church for no good reason.

I think Cher says it best; “If I could turn back tiiimme…”

So around the time church is ending, Kristen and I get a mysterious text from Bethany, “Chace Crawford! At church! OMG OMG OMG!”. My response, “Is this a weak attempt to make me feel guilty for skipping?” Nope. He was there, in all his Gossip Girl glory. And I was at home, in my sweats, watching Brothers & Sisters. It’s too painful…I can’t think about it anymore.

So let’s salvage what we can from the evening. I heard a really great song on Brothers & Sisters by a girl named Lex Land. Am I behind the times? Because I had definitely never heard of her, but she has a great, bluesy Rachel Yamagata sound. I really like this song, As Much As You Lead. It’s not worth missing Chace Crawford in the flesh, but I’m trying to move on.

Also, another random I picked up from my recent (and somewhat on-going) Friday Night Lights marathon is an older song from Blue Merle called If I Could. I’m still really enjoying some of the other stuff I’ve gotten recently, so forgive me if the new stuff is kind of slow. Happy Monday Peeps!

1 comment:

  1. I mean, at first I thought you were exaggerating the enthusiasm of my text... Then I just checked my sent messages. I'm so ashamed.

    ReplyDelete