Friday, March 13, 2009

Follow-Up

So now that I’ve had a couple of days to sit with the new Greg Laswell cd, I have to say, I’m hooked. If you’ve seen Confessions of a Shopaholic, you might have heard his reflective rendition of Girls Just Want to Have Fun…which is pretty cool and gives you some insight into his style. I found his bio on the VH1 new artist site (after sorting through junk for Tool Academy and some show about Ray J) and someone referred to one of his songs as “Jeff Buckley meeting Radiohead in an underground cabaret”. Make of that what you will.

All I want out of life is to be the inspiration for a song like And Then You. I know Kristen is going to razz me about going for the sensitive types, but seriously! This is the kind of song that you need to listen to with your headphones, turn it up and just have a moment…it really is so sweet. His whole album is pretty mellow (which I lurve) but this might be a little too slow and sensitive for some of you. I’m also a big fan of Comes and Goes (In Waves) and The One I Love.

Also, I have been a little hesitant to jump on the MGMT train because I thought that they were a little too techno-ish for my taste. I take it back. I listened to Kids practically on repeat on my way home today – granted, I was already in a good mood because it’s Friday and I had totally snuck out of work early, but it kind of just makes you want to bob your head a little. I’ll get around to the rest of the album soon.

Also, on a completely unrelated note – did you see this on Jimmy Fallon the other night? It brings together so many of my favorite things in a 2-minute span; Justin Timberlake, late night tv, John Mayer and 80's music.

Just because it’s the weekend and I couldn’t be happier:

No comments:

Post a Comment