Friday, March 6, 2009

Weekly Shuffle


I always love the itunes free single of the week. They try to be diverse and sometimes they throw you a wildcard, but for the most part, they have really great taste. This week they are featuring one of my new favorite finds, Carolina Liar. Go download the free song and try it out - I love their sound! I also highly recommend I’m Not Over – which I first heard in a movie…I just don’t remember which one.

Last night I spent the evening being pampered at the Halycon Days Saks Fifth Avenue spa. A typical mani/pedi splurge for me is the $19.99 combo in our neighborhood from the pushy Vietnamese women who make snarky comments to your face. So I was beyond excited when my boss gave me a Saks spa gift certificate for my birthday! I confidently walked in, checked my coat and accepted the lemon water like I knew what I was doing. I was immediately approached by two women, both better dressed than myself, who introduced themselves as my technicians and said “So this is your first time with us…” Of course I didn’t look like I’d been there before! Anyway – I spent an hour and half being manicured while listening to great instrumental versions of songs I loved from the 80s.

While there, I heard a jazz version of one of my all time favorite U2 songs, With or Without You…which reminded me that their much anticipated new album dropped this week. I have to be honest, I haven’t purchased it yet because I've been waiting for some reviews, but I did hear them on Good Morning America today doing a free concert at Fordham University. I think if you’re a U2 fan, you’ll like it regardless…I mean, they are rock icons, and they have such a great, distinct sound. Here is a little sample of their song Magnificent...

No comments:

Post a Comment