Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Adult Spring Break

As we crossed over from February to March this week, my mind also crossed over from winter to spring. Unfortunately, that pseudo transition was ushered in with 8 inches of snow and a temperature drop to the mid-teens.

I will not be discouraged.

In fact, I can’t think of a better time to set off for spring break!

Yes, I still feel entitled to a spring break. And as Kristen reminisced, our college spring breaks set the bar pretty high. The corporate world isn’t really on board with the whole “adult spring break” idea, so we’ve come to a compromise which consists of 1.5 vacation days and a red-eye flight. Thankfully, one of my best pals lives in sunny San Diego and was thrilled at the idea of spending a long weekend driving me around and putting me up on her couch! I’m excited to get out of the city and to be somewhere warmer, but mostly I’m excited about spending a weekend with Jordan and AJ!

As I'm counting down the days, my to-do list includes a mani/pedi, a white strips session, digging up my flip flops and busting out some upbeat spring jams. Something fun, beachy and very California…which is a big departure from the serious winter tunes that have been in heavy rotation for the past 5 months! Here’s what I’m thinking…

Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
Jack Johnson – Better Together (in honor of our reunion!)
Lady Gaga – Just Dance
Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved
K’naan – Bang, Bang
Little Jackie – The World Should Revolve Around Me
Flo Rida – Right Round
Justin Timberlake – My Love
Fergie - Glamorous (just paying my respects to spring breaks past)

Also, if you’re taking a little A.S.B of your own, check out the prix-fixe iTunes spring break shuffle. And leave your spring suggestions in the comments – there’s still snow on the ground, so I haven’t really gotten in the groove yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment