Thursday, May 7, 2009

Should've Sold My Soul To Disney


On more than one occasion, I've found myself in a conversation with friends about how we would do life differently if we could start all over. Most of us usually come to agree that we are pretty happy with the way things have turned out and wouldn't really have too much to change. I might hold on to my 16 year old body a bit longer, but we could play that game all day long. However, my friend Robbie always says, "I would've sold my soul to Disney as a child!" Hilarious? Yes. Do I agree? Yes. Over the last couple of weeks I've paid my dues to get wrapped up in the frenzy Disney has created at theatres nationwide right now.

17 Again with Zac Efron? Check. (maybe more than once - don't judge me)

Hannah Montana? Check.

I have to say, I think I could have had what it takes. No, my Dad didn't have a terrible single in the 90's called "Achey Breaky Heart" and I'm not really fond of youtubing myself for the whole world to see, but I think I could have done Disney proud. Since that ship has obviously sailed for me, I think I'll keep the dream alive and pass it on to my son or daughter. Just look at how great Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears (or not) and all those other mouseketeers turned out! I think this idea has potential...like a new kind of pageant mom. I could still have the best of both worlds...(pun intended).

1 comment:

  1. Thank for the shout-out...more specifically I would've sold my soul to Kenny Ortega and Disney...

    ReplyDelete