A lot has transpired in the last 12 months; the Rangers went to the World Series, oil spewed into the Gulf for way too long, Lost finally ended...the world was graced with Antoine Dodson's brilliance. It's really too much to try to sum up, so I'll leave it to the experts. Therefore, I will choose to look forward.
So here's what I'm doing, in no particular order:
- I'm reading My Life In France by Julia Child and dreaming about a summer rendezvous in Paris.
- I'm also brushing up on my classroom French, you know...for the same reason.
- I'm registered for a hot yoga class with work friends to make winter a little less bitter.
- I'm taking an adult spring break trip with 10 of the craziest people I know and seriously considering snowboarding the Breckenridge slopes.
- I'm starting a tumblr. in hopes that the casual and simplified blog/twitter hybrid will be updated more than once a quarter, as is currently the case over here.
- I'm going to set spontaneous goals for myself. (Did I mention that I ran a half marathon this year?!)
"The fact is, that you were sick of civility, of deference, of officious attention. You were disgusted with the women who were always speaking and looking, and thinking for your approbation alone. I roused, and interested you, because I was so unlike them." - EB
Be genuine. Be unique. Be what the Lord has called you to be.
Cheers to a wonderful 2011!