Friday, December 4, 2009

Fleet Foxes

If you're not familiar with the Fleet Foxes sound, my best attempt to describe it to you would be through various nouns:

Flannel, beards, woods, campfire, 1970s.

They have such a unique sound that I only listen to them when I'm in a specific mindset. Is this my go-to when I'm laying by the pool in the summer with a snow cone in hand? Definitely not. You can only truly appreciate Fleet Foxes when you are prepared to be mentally transported to a winter cabin in the woods of Vermont in 1972. (just speaking from my own personal experience here)

As we are expecting snow in Texas today, they are definitely in the mix. Conveniently, I just ran across an article announcing that they are currently in the studio working on a new album. The band's front man was quoted as saying,

"I guess people think we're already kind of a mellow band, so maybe the next album will be pretty boring to most people."

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't get it, but there are a lot of people who do. The Bravery just remixed their own version of Fleet Foxes' White Winter Hymnal as did a coworker of mine! Copywriter by day and musician by night...go here to see his version and check out Ragged Wood below - this video is so entertaining and the sound is spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment